Bankinter and Liberty Seguros to sell home and auto insurance through joint venture agreement

Cuatrecasas advises Liberty Seguros on agreement with Bankinter to jointly develop home and auto insurance business

Bankinter and Liberty Seguros to sell home and auto insurance through joint venture agreement
February 24, 2022

Cuatrecasas has advised Liberty Seguros on its agreement with Bankinter to develop a home and auto insurance business through a joint venture. After receiving the corresponding regulatory authorizations, Liberty Seguros will have an ownership interest of 50.01% and Bankinter will have the remaining ownership interest of 49.99%.

Experience and innovation have come together in the field of bancassurance to promote this agreement. The joint products and services will be designed and developed with the professional know-how of Liberty Seguros, and will be distributed exclusively across all of Bankinter’s business networks—onsite and online—in Spain and in Portugal, including EVO Banco, Bankinter Group’s digital-only bank.

The team advising on the transaction was made up of the following Cuatrecasas lawyers: Fernando Mínguez, Rebeca Rodríguez, Álvaro López de Ceballos, José Ignacio López de Haro, Sergio Ochagavía and Enrique Muñoz.

February 24, 2022