Cuatrecasas advises Aurica Capital Desarrollo on the process of incorporating a venture capital fund and company, Aurica Growth Capital Fund IV
Cuatrecasas has advised Aurica Capital Desarrollo
SGEIC S.A. on incorporating Aurica Growth Fund IV—a venture capital fund and company—whose investment policy will specialize in taking minority stakes in mid-cap companies with an EBITDA of at least €5 million, and that seeks to invest €250 million.
This fund is the first to be launched by the firm in its new phase as an independent private equity manager, following its change of shareholding, where Banco de Sabadell is no longer the majority shareholder and now holds 20% of the total shares, while the remaining 80% is held by the management team. This transaction places Aurica Capital Desarrollo on track to its goal of raising €250 million for the fund, which will enable it to continue and increase its investment capacity.
Jorge Canta, the supervising partner leading the advisory services, highlighted the importance of this milestone for Aurica and its consolidation as the leading private equity manager in Barcelona.