Cuatrecasas, Gonçalves Pereira celebrated its Partners Meeting today in Barcelona where the firm has released that the gross revenue in 2008 totaled 240.6M euros, signifying a 7.04% increase over the previous year (revenue in 2007 was 224.78M euros). The Partners Meeting also approved the new firm’s by-laws.
The partners of Cuatrecasas, Gonçalves Pereira approved the promotion of 26 new partners, eight of which will be equity partners and the other 18, non-equity or professional partners. The new equity partners are: Elvira Azaola, Hector Bros, Antonio Carreño, Carlos Ferrer, Guillermo García, Javier Llorente, Antonio Pipó and Fedra Valencia.
The lawyers who have reached the non-equity partnership are the following: Jorge Aranaz, Antonio Barba, Jaume Bonet, Gerard Correig, Cristóbal Cotta, Kai Christian Fischer, Esteban Flores, Jorge Hernández, Andoni Hernández, Rita Gouveia, Fernando Mínguez, Carmen de Pascual, Jorge Pecourt, Covadonga del Pozo, Omar Puertas, César Rivera, Guillermo Vidal and Andrew Ward.
• The year we changed our name: the Cuatrecasas, Gonçalves Pereira, Castelo Branco Partners Meeting, held in Seville on December 19, agreed to change the firm’s name to "CUATRECASAS, GONÇALVES PEREIRA".
• Strategic restructuring: we renewed the Board of Directors and reorganized the Firm into four different areas: Corporate, Finance-Tax, Labor and Procedural, incorporating younger partners for the coordination activities.
• The firm’s Ethics Board was constituted, with Manuel Olivencia as Chairman. This Board is responsible for applying the Code of Ethics, which sets forth the rights and duties of the partners, professionals and employees of Cuatrecasas, Gonçalves Pereira beyond the limits established by law and professional standards.
• We implemented the Pro Bono Program. Through this initiative, our lawyers can dedicate their time, in an altruistic manner, to programs whose objective is to assist underprivileged groups of society. We worked on six different projects in 2008. This program has been extremely well-received within the company. The Pro Bono Committee continues working to connect our "volunteers” with those groups who need them most.
• We obtained the license to practice law in China. The objective of the Shanghai office is to continue assisting our clients with their expansion strategies, as well as to encourage Chinese companies to invest in Europe and Latin America.
• Javier Laorden and Rafael Hinojosa decided to rejoin Cuatrecasas, Gonçalves Pereira; Laorden completed his term as member of the General Council of the Judicial Power and Hinojosa has finished his teaching appointment at the Complutense University of Madrid.
• Awards and recognition during 2008: Golden Award for “The Best Law Firm in Spain 2008” granted by the International Legal Alliance Summit and “The Best Firm in Europe” award presented by The British Legal Awards (Legal Week).