2. Data controller
The data controller of the personal data the User provides when accessing and using the Website and the Applications is Cuatrecasas Gonçalves Pereira, S.L.P., with registered office at Avenida Diagonal 191, 08018 Barcelona, Spain. The User can contact Cuatrecasas's data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Data collected
The types of personal data collected and processed from Users on the Website and through the Applications are the following:
- IP address, cookies and similar technologies. An IP address is a code identifying the User's internet connection at a specific time. Cookies are files that are downloaded to the User's device and can later be read by the website that created them.
- Subscription to newsletters and other publications. The data collected will be the identification data required to send subscribers the contents they have signed up for.
- Subscription to events and similar activities. The data collected will be the identification data required to manage subscribers’ participation, e.g., their name, surname, email address, company, position and professional contact details. These events may be broadcast in full, photographed or recorded. Therefore, the subscriber’s image may appear on Cuatrecasas’s internal and external channels and media or be published in the online environment (e.g., website, social media and digital platforms) for the sole purpose of informing on the firm’s activities. On registering for the event, the User is informed, and accepts, the above.
4. Purpose of data processing
Users’ personal data will be collected and processed to manage their relationship with Cuatrecasas; for their registration for events and subscription to newsletters; to serve as a point of contact with Cuatrecasas; to manage the use of the website; and, where permitted under applicable law, to send regular information on legal issues or on outreach and training events within the scope of Cuatrecasas’s professional activities. Users’ personal data will also be collected and processed to answer any questions they send through the Website or Applications.
5. Legal basis and retention period
The legal basis for processing the IP address is the need to provide access to the website via the internet. Cuatrecasas’s legitimate interest is to maintain the relationship with the User and send information on legal issues and on the firm’s activities.
If the User subscribes to our publications or events, or requests information or certain services, the legal basis for processing this data is the User's consent.
Therefore, Cuatrecasas will collect and process the User’s personal data for as long as this relationship continues and, if applicable, until the User withdraws the consent provided for data processing. When the personal data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was originally collected, and as long as there is no contractual or legal requirement for the data to be stored, it will be blocked until such a time as it can be deleted.
If the data is processed to send communications, it can be stored until the User withdraws its consent to receive the communications through any of the means made available to do so.
Cuatrecasas will not transfer data to third parties unless strictly necessary to manage and maintain the relationship with Cuatrecasas or with the User’s previous authorization. Specifically, access will only be provided to third parties to whom Cuatrecasas is contractually or legally obliged to disclose this personal data.
As an international law firm, if so required to provide its services, Cuatrecasas may disclose Users’ data for the above purposes to the companies in its business group, which can be viewed at this link. This disclosure may entail an international data transfer, for which Cuatrecasas will sign the standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission, providing all the guarantees applicable by law to ensure a level of protection that meets applicable legislation on data protection. The data will not be subject to automated decisions.
If Users register for events that Cuatrecasas organizes with third parties, their data may be disclosed to organize and manage these events.
Under current law, Users may exercise their rights of access, rectification or deletion of data, request that processing be restricted, oppose it or request data portability, as well as withdraw their consent, at any time, by sending written notice to Cuatrecasas, Avenida Diagonal 191, 08018 Barcelona, Spain, or by sending an email to email@example.com, clearly indicating the right they wish to exercise and attaching a copy of their national identification document or similar document proving their identity. They can also file a complaint with the Spanish Data Protection Agency or with the competent data protection authority.
The User agrees to notify Cuatrecasas of any change to the personal data provided. Any harm and loss caused to Cuatrecasas or any third parties due to the communication of erroneous, imprecise or incomplete information is the User's sole and exclusive liability.
Mexico Privacy Notice
© Cuatrecasas, Gonçalves Pereira, S.L.P. 2021. Total or partial reproduction is forbidden. All rights reserved