Parliamentary processing of the new state housing act has reached an advanced stage. Key aspects of the new regulation are:
- New concept of large property holder.
- Restrictions on housing rental prices.
- Amendments to the system for extending residential lease agreements.
- Property tax surcharges imposed on vacant housing.
- Increased percentages of land reserves for social housing.
- Ban on removing housing definitively subject to a public protection scheme from that classification, with some exceptions.
- Restrictions on the sale of the public housing supply.
- Amendments to the regulation on eviction processes, mortgage foreclosure and real estate auctions in situations of vulnerability.